More After the Break:
On 25th June world adventure cyclist Mike Hall (Cardiff) became the first winner of the TransAm cycle race, a solo, self supported 4,406 mile bicycle race across North America. Over 18 days it was an epic journey of endurance and a close battle of tactics and self preservation. As impressive as Mike’s victory was third place finisher Ed Pickup (Salisbury), ten years Mike’s junior.
Both Mike and Ed competed on Pivot bicycles. The evening event in Brighton is a chance to hear about the race, their challenges and equipment choices and have a Q&A session. Mike will also present his next project which is the second Trans Continental bike race, leaving London on 9th August. (make sure you read Josh Ibbett’s interview on overthebarblog.com as he is also completing in this race and talks about his preparation and equipment choices).
There is an opportunity for a social road ride with Mike and Ed starting from Velo Cafe at 3pm on Friday 1st Aug, taking a 2hr route over the South Downs.
- Velo Cafe, Rose Walk, The Level, Brighton. BN1 4ZN http://www.velo-cafe.co.uk/location/
- Bike parking available, bring own lock.
- Car parking local, pay at meter.
- Brighton rail station 10mins walk.
- Rory Hitchens, Upgrade Bikes Ltd / Pivot Cycles 07867 58 57 59 Rory@upgradebikes.co.uk
- Matt Carr Velo Cafe Brighton 01273 270 707